Stories from a Texas mom and wife, enjoying a blessed peachy life...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

This is MY Kind of Diamond!

As an organizing junkie- I AM IN HEAVEN!

I have been looking for a filing cabinet forever. Really. FOREVER! I've looked on Craigslist, garage sales, our county community board, our neighborhood community page...etc. I've had no luck. When I did find something that was doable, it cost WAY too much for the shape it was in. If a filing cabinet isn't taken care of it will become a rust bucket. So, for the last few years I have had to make do with large plastic bins. They're ok but they are not easy to get to and especially not for filing papers I need all the time. I have drawers in my teacher's desk but that's not enough space. 12 years of homeschooling adds up! Well, anyway...I have this amazing husband. He's always looking out for me and doing so much for me. I am spoiled. He has looked for a filing cabinet for me. He's had no luck either. "It can't be that hard", you're thinking, right? It really has been hard to find one for the right price.

Guess what he brought home today?! ........

A brand new filing cabinet!!!!!!!!! No rust bucket here!

He got it on sale for a great price. It's just beautiful. I know, I know. It's a filing cabinet, it's not beautiful. But if you could see some of the cabinets I have looked over in the last few years, you would say, "That's beautiful!" I mean, look at it!!

I cannot wait to use my label maker!


So this post is not about me telling you about a filing cabinet. Oh no. I have so much more I want to share with you.

I knew there would come a day when I would finally get a cabinet. So, I have searched and searched for websites that would help me organize my filing cabinet. I need to get as much stuff in this as possible. So, this post is to share with you all those websites I have found so that in case you need to organize files, cabinets, paperwork, school papers etc., this could be a HUGE help to you. I know it would be for me.

So, here we go:

First one up is from A Bowl Full of Lemons This is a gem. She goes through and tells you what you can throw away and what you should keep.

This is a video on filing. Good info. on how to set up a filing system.

This is a website that goes through 25 documents you need before you die.

For a quick way to organize a filing cabinet: WikiHow gives a quick 4 step system.

I love the House of Grace blog. It's a dream for the organizing freak I am. She has a great post on filing cabinets. She elaborates on how to keep it organized. She has a post about files here, too. She switched over to a new photo thingy whatever, so some of her pictures are not showing up, but the info is still there. If you need a photo, just check back. She said she's trying to fix it.

This is a wealth of information from Home Organizing Ideas!!!!

This Simple Dollar is for organizing the financial papers.

Simple Organized Living talks about categories and sub-categories.


Ok! So, that's all I have. I hope it helps you so that you don't have to search all over the web for ideas on how to get your filing started.

Oh label maker, here I come!!!!

Until next time,
Reb



No comments:

Post a Comment