Stories from a Texas mom and wife, enjoying a blessed peachy life...

Monday, July 9, 2012

Back in The Saddle

I started blogging in 2001. I kept up with it until we decided to move to Georgia in the fall of 2005. Moving was emotional. It was hard and it was time consuming. The blogging world was lost on me. I didn't have the time to blog. After all, I was too emotional and trying to keep it all together so our kids would adjust. I left the blog alone for about a year.

After about a year of trying to figure out how to adjust to GA, I had a lightbulb moment. I realized I was making this transition harder than it had to be. Instead of being moppy, I could still feel connected by writing about our days, school field trips, post pictures of the kids and still "talk" to everyone we left behind with, yup, you guessed it....my blog.

So, in 2006 I started Texas Peaches. (It did change names a few times ;-) At that time, we only had one Georgia Peach- my husband. I got back into blogging and felt connected again. I LOVED being able to share our days and hearing from our friends and family. It was almost as if nothing really changed. I would post about a KONOS day with pictures and I would hear form all our homeschooling friends on how they had just finished up the unit, or asked how an experiment went, or commented about how the kids had already looked "bigger" since leaving Texas. I looked forward to blogging everyday (or as much as I could).

I did well with Texas Peaches. Then my husband and I decided to have our third child. Well, you know how that goes. My intentions we solid. I did blog about the pregnancy, doctor appointments, our joy in finally having the girl (We prayed for her for 6 years. Some of YOU prayed for her. I'm still so humbled by your prayers.) We moved to a new house when I was 8 months pregnant and she came January 1, of 2009- our second GA Peach!

Again, the blog world was lost on me. I dabbled a few times here and there but it was a force. Who wants to blog out of a forceful feeling of guilt. Not me. So, my last entry was 2010. Plus, I was blogging about nothing. Just ramblings really. I would always think about getting back to it. The first few years of a new baby take a toll on a family. Our boys were 14 and 10. My oldest was starting high school and our second son was starting middle school. It was a lot to keep up with. They loved and adored her (still do). So, it wasn't that we were trying to see where everyone fit in, we just had to get use to having a baby again!

Fast forward to today. She's 3.5. The boys are 16.5 and 13. One is a senior. One is in 8th and our girl is doing preschool. They are growing up so fast and there is nothing I, or the husband, can do about it. I find myself wanting to teach them so many more things than I plan. I can never plan enough. We have changed so much. *I* have changed immensely! So, I feel like a blog is what we need to chronical our lives here in Georgia. Basically, the move was the perfect thing we needed in our life. (I'll elaborate more on why this move was the best thing for our family).

So, I'm back in the saddle again. I do have to say, I was inspired by my friend Sandra (who's NOT Texan, but may as well be) to get back to my blog. She is writing a blog to her daughter. It's so very lovely. I hope she never stops b/c even if I take another break from blogging, I'll always check in on her blog. You should check it out here.

This blog will be about the same things it was orginally created for.... our school days, field trips, pictures of my kids (here's the first picture for ya), cooking,  our lives, my faith, my husband, and now that Pinterest is a huge addiction, anything and everything about that lil' jewel of a site.




Until next time,
Reb

No comments:

Post a Comment